Fall Beekeeping Saturday Seminars:
Learn some new techniques from Karen Thurlow-Kimball. Karen operates New Moon Apiary and has been keeping bees healthy, productive, and (most importantly) alive through winters in Maine since the 70's.
All classes begin at 10:30 Saturday morning and will run till approximately 12:30. Course fee is $20 per person per class. Classes are recommended for beekeepers with at least one and up to dozens of hives*.
- October 3rd - Winter Preparations
- How to prepare your bees for winter with proper fall management
- You can only learn so much from the internet and books - learn from an expert with decades of success keeping bees alive in Maine winters
- October 17th - Beekeepers! Use Your Brain Not Your Brawn
- Beekeeping can be heavy and hard. Learn from an expert with years of experience doing the job without hired help.
- Perfect for anyone who wasn't born brawny or who maybe doesn't feel as young as they once were.
- November 7th - Late Winter Management
- Should you supplement protein? Should you add a candy board?
- Learn about winter treatment with Oxalic Acid
- Get ready for that first March inspection
Course instructor: Karen Thurlow-Kimball
Classes take place at The Honey Exchange; space is limited to 14 students.
Call the store to sign up, or for more information: 207-773-9333.
*If you have not yet begun keeping bees, check back for Beginner Beekeeping classes offered January through March.
WATCH THIS SPACE FOR UPCOMING CLASSES THIS FALL:
- MEAD MAKING WITH JAMES LINDENSCHMIDT OF BARDIC BREWS