Honey extraction service is available from July through November.
To schedule a drop-off time for this year's* supers and let us do all the work (especially cleanup!**)
(*We cannot process honey crystallized in the comb.)
(**We take every precaution possible to prevent the spread of disease (especially American Foulbrood) from one apiary to another. For an explanation of the sanitary practices in our extracting kitchen, please click this link to view the Facebook Page.)
- For the service of extracting, leave us 1/3 of the honey by weight
- Minimum of two 8 or 10 frame supers, please.
- $3.00 per frame (mediums or shallows), $4.00 per frame (deeps)- take your honey home in buckets or we will fill jars for you
- Minimum charge $48.00
Other Extracting Needs:
- We stock honey gates so you can bottle your own honey easily ($11.50)
We stock 5 gallon food-safe buckets with lids (buckets $8.95, lids $3.05)
- We stock 12 and 16 fluid ounce jars with lids - $1.35 each
- We will fill our jars with your honey - $2.00 each, filled
- We will cut comb from unwired thin foundation supers and put it into 4" square boxes for $2 per box.
- We will buy your bulk honey for the market rate per pound - please call or stop by for the price this week, as it fluctuates with market demand
- Ask about selling us frozen pollen from your apiary. We carry an excellent pollen collector for 10-frame hives.