(Serves 4 hungry people)
- 1 cup Blues Hog Honey barbecue sauce, or your favorite ready-made BBQ
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbs. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 cups water
- Cut chicken thighs crosswise into 1/2" strips
- Toss chicken with barbecue sauce and marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to a few days in advance.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a dutch oven (or any casserole that can go from stovetop to oven with a cover), sauté onion and salt in oil for a few minutes until it is translucent
- Add rice and stir until it is shiny with oil.
- Arrange chicken over the top of the rice and pour water over it all
- Cover and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
Serve with a side salad and a nice glass of Honey Shale Hill white wine and feel the stress of your day melt away.