Crock Pot Sweet and Hot Barbecue
[Serves 4-5 people]
- 3-4 pounds Beef Brisket, Short Ribs, or Pork Shoulder
- 2 ounces Texas Barbecue Rub Honey (click this link for details)
- 1 tsp salt (preferably kosher salt)
- 3 Tbs vegetable or olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 can or bottle of cheap beer
- Rub the meat all over with the honey and salt
- Marinate, refrigerated, for at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight
- Sauté the onion in oil until translucent
- Place sautéed onion in the bottom of a crock pot (or cast iron dutch oven), put the meat on top of the onion, and add vinegar and beer.
- Cook on low for at least four hours, ideally up to eight (or tightly covered in the oven at 300°F for 4-6 hours)
- Shred meat and mix together with sauce
Serve with Parker House rolls or cornbread with additional Texas Barbecue Honey as a condiment. Pairs beautifully with chilled Bantam Cider (click this link) or the rest of that six pack of cheap beer.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.