Semolina & Yogurt Cake with Honey Glaze
This recipe is adapted from "My Mother's Kitchen - Homemade Turkish Cooking" by Cansu Tucker. It is simple, delicious, and low in fat.
- 1c sugar (we used demarara sugar but regular white sugar is fine)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 cup yogurt (we used 10% Greek Yogurt but any kind will do)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 cup A/P flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 cup of your favorite honey (we used a rich, dark wildflower honey)
- 1/2 cup water
- Cream sugar and eggs,
- Whisk in semolina, yogurt, and vanilla. Whisk.
- Fold in baking powder and flour and mix until just combined
- Pour into a deep baking pan and bake at 375°F for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake
- Cool completely on a wire rack
- When the cake is cooled, bring 1/2 cup water to a boil, remove from heat, stir in honey till dissolved and drizzle over the top of the cake.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.